NOLA
This past Friday I spontaneously bought a ticket to fly to New Orleans a few hours later. I had 4 hours to get home, pack, and get to the airport. Considering that I locked myself out of my apartment for the first time EVER and had to come back to work to get my spare keys, I'm amazed that I made the flight.
But I did, and spent a great weekend with Julien. I can't even believe that we finally got our act together. I also can't believe that we didn't fight at all, all weekend! It was so great to see him, and spend more than 2 consecutive hours with each other. We haven't done that in years and years.
The food . . . In 40 hours (all that I had in New Orleans) I consumed a daiquiri, bananas foster french toast (oh my), a muffelata (sp?), fried chicken, and the most amazing dessert I have ever tasted in my entire life: Mother's bread pudding. Seriously, I've travelled to some countries that are very well-known for their cuisine, and this was the most heavenly food I have ever eaten.
There was nowhere near enough time, but I'll just have to go back. I didn't get beignets, after all.
But I did, and spent a great weekend with Julien. I can't even believe that we finally got our act together. I also can't believe that we didn't fight at all, all weekend! It was so great to see him, and spend more than 2 consecutive hours with each other. We haven't done that in years and years.
The food . . . In 40 hours (all that I had in New Orleans) I consumed a daiquiri, bananas foster french toast (oh my), a muffelata (sp?), fried chicken, and the most amazing dessert I have ever tasted in my entire life: Mother's bread pudding. Seriously, I've travelled to some countries that are very well-known for their cuisine, and this was the most heavenly food I have ever eaten.
There was nowhere near enough time, but I'll just have to go back. I didn't get beignets, after all.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home