Signifying Nothing
Yesterday my sign language class watched "The Sound and the Fury." It's about a family that has a lot of deaf members (but not all) and the decisions they make regarding cochlear implants. It was heart-wrenching. The teacher had told us that some people react very emotionally to the movie, and honestly, I thought he was a little loony. Well, he is a little loony, but it turned out that he was very right. I was so intensely frustrated throughout the majority of the film. I didn't cry, but Jen lost her shit. It was so touching to see someone you like break down. Does that sound wrong? What I mean is, she was vulnerable and emotional, and I hadn't expected that from her. Not that I *want* to see my friends cry!
Anyway, I thought about it a lot all night, and it will probably stay with me for a while. What an amazing story.
I'm going to a few parties tonight. Rachel and Matt are having movie night at their house. I can't believe this is the first one this summer. Don't know what we're watching yet, but I doubt I'll be there for the movie anyway. I'll eat some hot dogs and then I'm heading to the bookstore for a Harry Potter party!
Anyway, I thought about it a lot all night, and it will probably stay with me for a while. What an amazing story.
I'm going to a few parties tonight. Rachel and Matt are having movie night at their house. I can't believe this is the first one this summer. Don't know what we're watching yet, but I doubt I'll be there for the movie anyway. I'll eat some hot dogs and then I'm heading to the bookstore for a Harry Potter party!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home